innocent+twisted Alchemy

Monday, January 28, 2013

01.28.13 - What's in my Bag (and review)?

It's time for another 'What's in my Bag?' post. Though, this will be kind of a review also. 

Let's go with some background information. In late September 2012, I was browsing through YesStyle's site and was looking through all of their bags. I came across this bag, the Push Locket Satchel and waited another month before I purchased it. I bought it on October 13, 2012. I received it on November 1, 2012. I know it took awhile but they are shipping from Hong Kong which I know takes awhile.

When it got here, I was supremely excited. I was playing with it (not really, I was trying to figure out how to shape it into a bag since it arrived flat) and my friend wanted to see a picture of it. As I took a photo for her, the top handle broke O_O;;; Imagine my shock! I was quite sad about that because I was super excited about this bag. It's the perfect size, it's made out of a sturdy material; but the studs/screws/whatever that held the top handle together was not! It made me really sad because I waited so long and the top-handle was what I planned to use the most.

Anyway, I emailed them back and they told me to ship it back to them. 

I was in a huge rush and forgot to get a delivery confirmation number, but I was like "Oh! They told me to return it some place in California. I'm in California, it won't take long!" About a month later, I emailed them asking about my return, why wasn't I notified that they received it yet. According to them, they said they hadn't received it. O_O;; Umm... what?!

So, I was out $25. (It was on sale at the time) I gave up all hope. But near the end of December, I suddenly got a $7.99 credit to my YesStyle account. No explanations why. So I just shrugged it off. A week ago (yes ONE WEEK ago), I received an email from YesStyle saying my order was shipped. Umm.. what? I didn't order anything. There was no tracking number so I didn't know when it was going to arrive. But I also thought maybe they were just updating their system clicking on "I've shipped this item" when they did it months ago. 

It arrived a few days later. I was like "WHAT!?" I tested it out and banged it around (lol) and it feels more sturdy than the previous one I received. 

So, TAA DAA! Here it is in all it's glory! Please excuse the crap lighting. I was using my SLR and the flash is super strong so I decided to just keep it off. 

 Doesn't it remind you of the old time doctor bags? It's a medium sized bag made of thick faux-leather. It's very stiff and sturdy. But it's not heavy. 



From the front... (with bad lighting ;D)

 The back has a pocket that I haven't used...

 Inside with my junk. All the inside pockets I haven't used. There's a zippered pocket and two cellphone / pockets.

 Filofax Pocket Finsbury, a letter I need to send to my friend, and this pseudo-"sketchpad" [a co-worker used scrap paper from work and cut it down to the same size and stapled them together].

 One thing I hate about this camera... it likes to turn photos sideways. Anyway, a butt-ton of pens and a pencil (Lol), my Kate Spade wallet, my Illamasqua face powder, and some Ice Breakers Fruit Punch thingers. (nom nom!)

 My card case (has club cards/store cards that I don't use that often), my 'pharmacy', a small pouch that holds my PO Box key and earbuds; my work schedule for next week, and my check stub.

 My iPod classic with it's JVC portable speaker, another pen [I have a ton of pens yeesh!], glasses wipe, and some lip products.

 Close-up of the pen (lol), Jack Black Lip Balm in Natural Mint, Dior Addict lipstick in Urban (my fave), and OHWTO's lip butter in Peach (this is AMAZING, btw!)

Empty! Except for a tiny speck of a piece of plastic bag (which I took out). 

So far, I'm really loving this bag as my work bag. I'm still a little scared about the top handle so, I don't hang it in my locker or really use the top handle... I just use the cross-body strap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment