innocent+twisted Alchemy

Sunday, February 5, 2012

02.05.12 - New Scanner & random sketchbook talk

WELCOME HOME BABY!

It took me forever to decide if I should get a new scanner already. It was driving me crazy that I couldn't scan my latest label which would also delay the release of the first 5 shades of my newest collection. 

Since I'll be getting my tax return soon, I was like "WHO CARES! I'M GETTING IT!" This is what I got. Canon Canoscan LIDE 210

The one I had before (the one that died a violent death) was a Canon Canoscan LIDE 90. WAAAY off from a 210 lol! I like these scanners for their compact size. I've used HP, Epson, and Canon scanners. My brother has an HP scanner; when I was in school we had Epson ones... and my personal ones were Canon. I liked these because they're quite compact. I guess that's also a bad thing because you can't scan big things ;D~ But most of my drawings are on regular letter sized paper.

I'm wondering if I should lay it flat (like in the pic) or should I utilize the stand? If I use the stand, I'll have more room on my desk BUT it'll be harder to scan things! (I think)

Onto random things that have nothing to do with the scanner :P
Since starting up "the Lurvlies" collection, I've been using a sketchbook. O_O;; I know that doesn't sound very shocking but if you're ME, it's SHOCKING. I don't like bound books to draw on. I like the idea and love that some people can do it but for ME, I can't seem to do it. I'm proud of myself that I've been using this sketchbook non-stop. I admit it's a BIG sketchbook and the drawings I draw are 6" x 6" (I measure it out first). EEEEEEEEEEEK PAPERCUT!!!!!!! X_x;;;;!!!!! <--sorry!

Maybe I'll start up a sketchbook again? I actually don't have a lot of sketchbooks (big ones). I have a lot of mini ones. I find that the only thing I DO use them are for thumbnail drawings. Like...if I have a difficult drawing that I'd like to do...I plan it out first as a thumbnail. I also use them to take notes >_______> hehee

I've only used up two sketchbooks in my life! One was a ginormous one my cousin gave me when I was in 9th grade. I used that thing like crazy! But for some reason I always had bad luck drawing in it and everything I drew in there was CRAP XD~

Another one was a small spiral-bound one that I did a ton of thumbnail drawings and notes in. 

I downloaded a few albums on iTunes. I downloaded Nightwish's new album (Imaginaerum) & a single called "While your lips are still red" [which is a really sad and beautiful song!], Pythia's Beneath the Veiled Embrace, and Shadowplay (Shadowplay). <--Pythia and Shadowplay were in the "look what other's downloaded" XD... 

I'm kinda tired of my music... so I wanted to listen to some new things. I listened to their previews and I liked what i heard so far :)

I don't know what's going on with me. The last 3 days I've been staying up until 4am. It wouldn't be bad if I had closing shifts but some of those days were also on opening days and I would only have 1 1/2 hours of sleep.

And when I do sleep, I have a really REALLY hard time sleeping. I'm half awake/half asleep. <--I hear every little thing that's going on, like I'm only taking a nap. Lol...it's 2:37am right now. *sigh* Luckily, I have a day off tomorrow. Unfortunately, I believe the parents are home. :/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment